WARNING: balloons are a choking hazard for young children so please take care.
- play Keep It Up. Try to keep the balloon off the ground by batting it with your hands. Can be played with one or more people.
- play volleyball with a balloon
- play tennis with a balloon. You can use improvised racquets – perhaps, a cardboard roll or a fly swat
- Toys from Trash has instructions for balloon rockets (as seen in the picture above) and hovercraft
- rub the balloon on your hair to make it stand up. This is a demonstration of static electricity (lightning is an example of static discharge).
- blow up your balloon, and paper mache and then decorate the outside to create a pinata.
- use balloons to make juggling balls as shown at the Surfing Scientist
- blow up a balloon and decorate it to look like a face
- blow up a balloon just a little bit, dip the end in paint and use it to print on your paper