The idea is to think of an experience that your child would love to have, something that suits their interests, and give it as a gift. For example …
- give the sports-mad child tickets to a sporting event
- give the animal-lover a season pass to the zoo
- give the budding ballerina a chance to see a live ballet
- give the car-mad child a chance to ride in a go-kart or go to the Speedway.
I think there are a few categories you could consider for these types of gifts …
- tickets to a show – a play, a sports event, a movie, a concert and so on
- memberships – to the zoo, art gallery, museum, science club and so on. These usually offer discounted entry and other special benefits.
- lessons in a skill your child wants to master – swimming (great for young children), music, flying and so on.
- an amazing experience – take your child go-karting, rock climbing, waterskiing and so on.
- do something together – this would encompass most of the above, but there are other options like eating out in a restaurant or taking a trip together.
Do you ever give experience gifts?