- commit an act of green to honour Earth Day on April 22. You might make signs to remind everyone to turn of lights and power points after using them, plant a tree or just get outdoors and celebrate our Earth. You can find a list of activity suggestions here and register your act of green here.
- learn origami
- attend the dawn service on Anzac Day or find another way to honour Australia’s war history.
- make your own hot cross buns for Easter.
- play marbles
- write a letter to someone – grandma, a cousin or a friend. Put it in the post and see if you get a reply.
- get out your tent and sleep in it for the night. This might be in your living room, in your backyard or on a camping trip.
- Autumn is a great season to track the weather. Set up a recording sheet and some weather gauges – a thermometer, a wind vane, a rain gauge and a barometer.
- go to a live sporting event.
- hold a sing-a-long. Choose some new songs to learn together or if you lucky you might have a karaoke game.
March 30, 2011
10 ways to make April memorable
Labels: memorable year