An art journal is a journal that is created using visual elements (illustrations, collage, painting). You could use it to explore new art techniques, explore ideas or emotions, write about day to day life.
I have made a start, although I can’t say that I am journaling regularly, I have dipped my toe in the water. These are some good links to give you some ideas for to get started with art journaling.
- Balzer Designs Weekly Plan for art journaling. This is a list of ideas for every day of the week based on your art journal personality – do you like to paint, doodle, write, collage or scrapbook?
- Balzer Designs Art Journal Every Day posts. There are tutorials, inspiration, ideas for supplies to use.
- Daisy Yellow’s No Frills Prompts. Creative prompts to help get some content in your art journal.
- Daisy Yellow’s Art Journaling 101 for kids, teens or beginners. A round-up of supplies, inspiring books and ideas for creating those first art journal pages.
- Artsyville’s List It Tuesday. Prompts for list writing. I find these very inspiring because I love to write lists.
Here are some pages I have created using ideas from these resources. The hardest part for me was not to get overwhelmed and just to pick something and do it.
An idea from Balzer Designs Weekly Plan…
A prompt from Artsyville’s List It Tuesday.– things that make me nostalgic …
Creating love notes …